Friday 20 July 2012

Syria Raffleblog Day 3 - £613

Look! Look! Over twice as much since Raffleblog last checked in! Morning all. Sore throat grumbles have just been offset by finding out that by the end of last night we'd reached £614. Am grinning like a loon - thank you all very much indeed, and a big hug to Ellen Burney who has tweeted prolifically over the last two days to raise awareness and direct people to the page.

It's my last day shifting at the Guardian today, so I'll be on the train back home tonight doing some jobs like writing copy for Hand in Hand for Syria who want to explain about the raffle to their local press. I also want to drum up a few more prizes from favourite brands, and think of some new ways to publicise the fundraiser.

Right. Am off into the rain with no coat, so my next report on Twitter will likely be somewhat damper than this one. I do just wonder if we might get to £1000 in the first week... any suggestions for how to get there by end of play on Monday, let me know in the comments section! And if you'd like to pass on the JustGiving page, it's here: http://www.justgiving.com/Syriamedicalaid

No comments:

Post a Comment